So it’s Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) today in San Francisco and Steve Jobs will certainly have some new goodies for us Mac junkies, likely:
- iPhone 2.0
- Immediately available, probably worldwide, perhaps with new partnerships, probably cheaper again (who ever said being an Apple early adopter wasn’t without its costs?)
- New toys including 3G, GPS, probably something unexpected
- Support for native applications via the (excellent) SDK – I was already building these on the first day it was released and it’s already improved significantly with handful of updates
- App Store in iTunes which means iTunes version bump (and like music et al takes a solid 30% cut on sales)
- Software Updates
- iTunes for iPhone stuff
- OS X 10.6 seeding, but OS X is already pretty good so not holding my breath… maybe some more connection to the cloud including:
- .Mac Rethink
- Google Apps based .Mac accounts – after all they’ve had a Google Apps account for mac.com since last year some time, if not before.
- Nothing that will detract from the iPhone announcement… maybe some refreshes here and there
Anyway we’ll see soon enough.
Update: was pretty much on the money.